1. Practice adding to and taking from. (Use numerals and quantities.)
2. Express equations in multiple ways.
3. Solve one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and missing number problems.
4. Play hide and seek games with objects and incorporate story telling and songs into the activity. (Ex: Find the speckled frogs and add them to the pond. Send them off again.)
5. Learn to use the abacus.
6. Practice using numbers in other languages.