Objectives: Identify the symbols and values of coins and bills. Properly count currency combinations. Build a framework to properly grasp spending, earning, production, consumption, trade, want, need, resources, capital, goods, and services.
- Play around with currency and coins. Examine, count. and sort based on size and color. Talk about spending and earning.
2. Learn the amounts of coins and bills in home country.
3. Play service industry (i.e. mechanic, restaurant, banking, housekeeping) make believe. Be sure to exchange money for services and take turns in different roles. Talk about goods, and services.
4. Play market/store make believe; take turns selling/buying food, toys, clothes, and other goods. Talk about needs and wants, and producing and consuming.
5. Learn about money from around the world. Talk about trade.