Objective: Explore everyday physics phenomena and test out ideas.
- Play with magnets. Ask questions about magnetism.
2 Sink or float experiments. (Discover density and buoyancy.)
3. Observe motion and inertia. Push or roll different objects on various textured surfaces and inclines/declines.
Download Activity: Experiment with planes, angles, and inclines
4. Explore gravity.
Activity: A simple gravity experiment
5. Play with/build simple machines: The lever, inclined plane, wheel and axle, screw, wedge, and pulley.
6. Observe how heat and energy change the properties of matter, particularly water.
7. Experiment with light and shadows. Think about light vs. dark.
Videos: Julius Sumner Miller, American physicist
Sorry, there was a YouTube error.