Objective: Think like a scientist. Observe and honor the world around you.
The AM science session should be the most fun had all week. This is when we are in our element, all senses activated. This session is primarily student-led. with the teacher providing materials, ideas, and questions as needed. The teacher should cycle the discussion through the following steps.:
Almost anything goes today. Keep it simple and simply explore or start the session from an imaginative perspective.:
- Assemble a Science Team.
- Appoint roles. (Example: Student: Science Officer/Captain; Teacher: Science Secretary)
- Assemble a headquarters (tent/fort).
- Gather materials:
- writing utensils (multicolored)
- science notebook
- science books
- science kit: compass, binoculars, measuring tool, magnifying glass, science tray, nature collection, string, glue, tweezers, gloves, bucket
- Freestyle explore and discover.